Monday, December 31, 2012

Resolutions

I know this is so cliche... but humor me. 2013 is my year to slim down. This photo above is what I want to look like. I'm so nervous about it! I tried to lose weight in high school a few times, but it never worked and it would just make me bitter.

So, currently I'm at 142 lbs. (and 5' 4'') and my goal weight is 110 lbs. It sounds freaky saying it because the last time I weighed 110 lbs. I think I was in, like, 8th grade. Yea, creepy.

But this girl above looks dang good!

My goal is to eat between 1200-1500 calories a day (depending on if I work out or not) and get a gym membership. I've been counting calories the last two days using an app on my phone called "Fitness Pal." It's awesome because you just type in what you eat, and the app calculates how many calories are in your food and adds up the daily totals. It is eye opening because the calories I eat add up so fast! Day before yesterday, I had eaten 1250 calories before dinner time! yikes. But the app definitely helps me be conscious of what I eat, and I'm less likely to eat a second roll at dinner if I know they're 150 calories a piece (that happened at Texas Roadhouse the other day... a serious bummer).

Fingers crossed I can keep this dang new years goal.

2 comments:

  1. Easy! You take a picture of yourself (Perfect, in my unbiased opinion). Click on "Edit". Make it taller (as the girl in your picture has). Instantly, you have taken 15 lbs off. (But, of course, you have grown 3 inches taller!) (Should be an App for that!) Happy New Year from your Granny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get a job at BYU and then come to the gym for free every morning with me :)I've been working out nearly ever day for the last 6 weeks and I've lost about 15 pounds.

    ReplyDelete