Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Grass is Greener on the Other side of the Pond

Granny, your comments were perfect. I will try and go on those walks especially, that will be sweet. And I will get you those notecards! Remind me, too just in case!


Also... disclaimer: blogspot is having a tad difficulty uploading pics so those will come a bit later!


Here are a few extra tidbits from the Globe Tour. The Globe was actually the second theatre on that side of the Thames. At first, a smaller theatre was built called the Rose and the Globe was built across the street for competition and became better because, of course, a certain William Shakespeare wrote plays specifically for the Globe. At the moment, the Rose theatre is under water to maintain preservation! Cool, eh?


The Rose Theatre was where Docter Faustus (play by Christopher Marlowe) was first shown...
                 Was this the face that launch'd a thousand ships 
                    And burnt the topless towers of Ilium?
                 Sweet Helen, make me immortal with a kiss.

At church today, sat beside this lady.. got to talking... and she said she was going to SLC in a few. Why, I asked? She is playing Mary, the mother of Jesus in the LDS' church new video of the New Testament. I was floored! How did she come by such a thing? The church held world wide auditions she said, and around 4,000 people took part, and she got it. I was flabbergasted. She sure was beautiful though.


Also at church, there was a little munch and mingle afterwards. I was talkin to a little tyke, Bradley, about 8 or so. He said to me, "You like living in America better, huh? Everybody is rich." 


No NO NO! not true! I guess the grass is always greener on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment